(EK) ONE SAFETY AND MARINE MANAGEMENT PTE LTD 2006 – PRESENT
MARINE ADVISOR & CONSULTANT.
· Started (EK) One Safety & Marine Management Pte Ltd in Singapore on 5th Dec 2006 with Safety Consultancy, Audits, Marine Inspection and Marine Project Management (Heavy Lift) as the main focus.
· Risk Management Assessment for projects.
· Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management of projects for clients.
· Involve in P & I Investigation, Panama Flag State Approved Marine Investigator, carrying out all aspect of Marine surveys including H & M;
· Offshore works including ballast engineering/calculations, sea-fastening calculations; Motion Analysis, Mooring Calculations and other MWS for offshore works including and not limited to weighing of modules using load cells and jacks, prior sea transportation.
· Heavy lift transportation using SPMT/SPT or Skidding method including Tandem lift and heavy-lift using cranes
– carry out safety audit including the transportation of IMDG cargo/containers onboard offshore vessels to oil rigs.
– Carrying out HSE audit (IMCA & CMID)
– Consultation for Marine Transportation of Quay Cranes & RTG including towage approval. Involve in the weighing of the shore cranes using jack up and load cells to ascertain the exact weight prior to transportation.
– Was involved as project director for owners for the loadout for Chevron Agbami modules from Lagos to Okpo in Korea and recently loaded in & load out of three (3) Chevron EGP3 modules for Hyundai Heavy Industries (H.H.I) from Effurun Warri to Escravos, Nigeria.
UNI BULK PTE LTD (EMAS OFFSHORE PTE LTD) MAY 2005 TO DEC 2006
MANAGER – MARINE OPERATIONS
· Overseeing the operations department which includes:
o Crewing matters and recruiting,
o Load –in or load – out operations of barges for PAMS, SAMS and other modules.
o Ballast Calculation for the barges to in-line barges to the falling or rising tides at location.
o Ensuring that operations cost stays within budget. Involve in the various weighing of the modules to Australia from Thailand, using jack up and load cells to ascertain the exact weight prior sea transportation by barges.
· Was the Key Personal for all Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) audits by oil majors like Chevron, Total and Shell.
· And all HSE matters for e.g.
o Developing, implementation and certification of HSE management systems by arranging for related audits and training
o Developing, implementing and enhancing HSE performance and International Ship & Port Security (ISPS)
o Induction and Training of crew on board and in the office.
· Prepared the company in attaining ISM, ISPS and ISO 9002 certification.
BRINY MARINE SERVICES SDN BHD (based in Brunei Darussalam)
JUNE 2002 – MAY 2005
MANAGER – MARINE OPERATIONS
· Was appointed to set up, manage, execute, and oversee the prestigious 10 years’ contract awarded to Briny Marine by Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP).
· Developed a close working relationship with a staff of 4 office and 47 multi-national sea staff, monitoring and controlling the cost base and participate in clients’ HSEQ program which include:
o Developing, implementation, and certification of management systems by arranging for related audits and training.
o Developing, implementing, and enhancing HSEQ performance.
· Monitoring budget to ensure strong profitability and liaise with clients, contractors, and vendors.
· Compliance of local regulation and conditions.
· Running the company effectively and efficiently with profit in first operating year and for the next 2 years (completed contract)
BEN LINE AGENCIES (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD NOV 1997 TILL JUNE 2002
HEAD OF LOGISTICS/TRANSHIPMENT AND LINERS /PORT CAPTAIN / CARGO SUPERINTENDENT
· Appointed in a senior management post as the Head of Logistics / Transhipment and Liner operations including handling all marine matter such as signing of Terminal Service Agreement with PSA on behalf of principals, meeting to principal’s requirements, rendering of effective ship-to-shore cargo handling services together with the Port of Singapore.
· Work scope includes overseeing cargo operations on general cargo, container vessels, car carriers & tankers. In charge of appointing surveyors & vetting of surveyor’s report for principals.
· Involves in the calculation of vessel’s stability, stowage of vessels, overseeing stevedores during cargo operations; all aspect of agency work including preparing port disbursements and co-ordination with various parties, etc. assisting the principal in liaising with lawyers and sheriff office on arresting/arrested vessels in Singapore, responsibility for liaison with class and government agencies, inspection of project cargo and heavy lift consultancy, yacht loading and discharging consultancy.
· Operational planning, including specification of operating system and terminal equipment, manpower requirements, and staffing plan with Port of Singapore Authority when handling IMDG & special cargoes/containers. Was key personnel from the private sector assisting PSA in phasing in of their new terminal (Pasir Panjang Terminal).
VINE GORDON & COMPANY (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD FEB 1996 – NOV 1997
(SHERINGHAM P & I FAR EAST SERVICES PTE LTD)
MARINE SURVEYOR / SENIOR MARINE SURVEYOR.
· Appointed in March 1996 as Marine Surveyor and promoted to Senior Marine Surveyor in March 1997.
· Surveying experience includes carrying out offshore surveys, towage inspections and operations, marine surveys, collision damage, P & I surveys and H & M surveys, general superintendence, and investigating a variety of marine claims.
· Marine Warranty surveyor for various assignments including surveying and approval of weighing procedures and processes during weighing of modules prior sea transportation. Consulting Thailand fishing company in HSE matters including writing up procedures.
PETROSHIPS PTE LTD 1994 – 1996
· Responsible for Operations Department; Co-ordination of cargo operations together with supervision of loading / discharging of product tankers; carrying out of inspections of company’s owned tanker fleet; recruitment of Master / Deck Officer and Crew (both deck & engine); preparing company’s tanker fleet for ship’s vetting by oil major inspectors;
SERVICE AT SEA 1980 – 1994
CADET, DECK OFFICER AND MASTER
· Served as Cadets & Deck Officer onboard Cellular Container vessels; general Cargo vessels; Container / general cargo vessels, Very Large Crude Carries (V.L.C.C). Liquefied Petroleum Gas Carrier (L.P.G), Pure Car Carries (P.C.C); Reefer Carriers.
· As Master on board Product Tankers
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.